Do you have any questions? fill the form and we will contact you shortly
Start date: 14 September 2020
Secondary School Education (E.S.O.) or equivalent
Monday to Friday
September to March: 3 pm – 9:30 pm
March to May (at EHTB): 8 am – 2:30 pm
Two academic years
Technical Diploma in Food Product Sales
This Technical Diploma in Food Product Sales will equip students with the skills they need to work as specialists in the management, supervision and analysis of all processes related to the launch of a small food business. They will also be qualified to manage logistics, handling, preservation and commercial and marketing aspects of any company dedicated to the food industry, whilst adhering to current quality regulations and protocols, occupational risk prevention and food safety and hygiene.
Graduates from this Technical Diploma in Food Product Sales will be qualified to work in any food-related company, from small businesses to superstores, whether they are brick-and-mortar establishments or online shops, working for themselves or for another company.
In order to gain access to this course, applicants must first pass the selection process led by the companies that offer the practical work experience. Some request that applicants are at least 18 years old when they come to start the work experience placement.
Graduates from this vocational training course will obtain a technical diploma they can use to access sixth form (Spanish bachillerato), an advanced vocational training qualification in the same professional field, or any other AVTQ having passed its entrance exam.
Potential career paths
- Manager or supervisor of a food store
- Manager or supervisor of a section, area or department within a food store
- Small food store manager
- Manager or supervisor of an online food business
- Food sales consultant
- Food vendor
- Logistics specialist (food warehouses)
- Head of receiving and dispatching goods in food stores
What you’ll learn. Programme of study
This Technical Diploma in Food Product Sales is a two-year course consisting of 2,000 hours of study, 500 of which will be spent completing practical work experience if students choose the OJT (on-the-job training) modality, and 970 hours if students choose the dual training modality. Below you can see how the modules are divided over each year and the innovation projects they’re involved in.
- Module 3: Managing a food store
- Module 8: English
- Module 9: Office software for the food industry
- Module 10: E-commerce
- Module 11: International food marketing
- Module 12: Training and vocational guidance
- Module 15: Fresh food sections
- Module 16: Food logistics
- Module 17: Preparation and preservation of fresh and processed products
- Module 1: Dynamising point-of-sale systems in food businesses
- Module 2: Purchase management
- Module 4: Sales processes
- Module 5: Commercial services in food businesses
- Module 7: Technical sales
- Module 13: Synthesis of commercial business
Kick start your future with one click
Want to boost your career with a qualification in Vocational Training or a Training and Grad Programmes? Leave us your details and we’ll be happy to help you find the option that best suits you.